Now that we have the trailer home and still all in one piece its time to clean out and really see what we have gotten ourselves into. We gloved up and masked up and away we went. Good news we found the missing interior vent frame, one complete window frame and the tin and frame parts for one of the exterior cargo doors. Bad news way more water damage and rodent damage than i had hoped for. It took about 2 hours to remove and shopvac out all the rodent nest and you know what out of it. But now we can see what we have to work with.
The sink,ice box and stove are in great shape. The cabinets will need some panels replaced do to water stains, rodent chomping and 58 years of wear and tear. If your a Shasta owner you know the leakage problem areas and the damage that causes. Well ours has it in all 4 corners up to the windows across the front and across the rear. The floor is soft in some spots and has a large hole in it near the sink cabinet where the rodents chewed through it.
Deep breath and now lets do this…..